The Skints announce 2016 spring tour dates
Next: YIC Summer Meltdown 2016
UK-based reggae punks The Skints are excited to announce their upcoming US spring tour, the third stateside outing within the past year for the rising quartet. They are touring to support their most recent critically-acclaimed album FM, which was released on the premier independent reggae label Easy Star Records. The Skints’ relentless touring and uniquely London mix of Jamaican reggae and dub with punk and grime has created a growing fan base within the bubbling US reggae scene.
our show and our style is different from anything and anyone out there.
The new tour kicks off with a return to the leading U.S. reggae gathering, California Roots Music & Arts Festival, due to the incredibly positive fan response from their tight, dynamic set last year. This year, they open the main Bowl Stage on the Saturday of the festival, after playing the smallest stage last year. The Skints will open for Stephen Marley in Santa Cruz “which is a big deal for us as fans of the works of the Marley family and legacy,” says Joshua Waters Rudge, guitarist and vocalist. Other tour mates include 2015 GRAMMY-winner for Best Reggae Album Morgan Heritage and fellow Easy Star Records labelmates The Expanders. Alternative hip-hop group RDGLDGRN will co-headline with The Skints on select east coast dates. A full list of dates is below.
When asked what fans can expect at the upcoming shows, Josh replies, “Never expect! I can tell you that our show and our style is different from anything and anyone out there. You won't see a punk rock show with everyone bopping in a hazy groove and you won't see a reggae show where you're being told to ‘move yourself’ in a lot of other environments.” He expands, “Raw and ruggedness and smooth and sweetness at the same time. Calm angst and raging chill. Our expression in the moment and doing our thing. The Skints Fun Club welcomes all.”
The Skints spring tour visualized
Spring tour dates
- May 27, 2016 - The Catalyst - Santa Cruz, CA (with Stephen Marley)
- May 28, 2016 - Cali Roots 2016 - Monterey, CA
- May 31, 2016 - Star Theater - Portland, OR *
- June 1, 2016 - HiFi Music Hall - Eugene, OR *
- June 2, 2016 - Jazzbones - Tacoma, WA *
- June 4, 2016 - Summer Arts & Music Festival - Garberville, CA
- June 5, 2016 - Strummer's - Fresno, CA *
- June 6, 2016 - Tap It Brewing Co. - San Luis Obispo, CA *
- June 7, 2016 - Romano's - Riverside, CA *
- June 8, 2016 - The Coach House - San Juan Capistrano, CA +
- June 9, 2016 - The Roxy - Los Angeles, CA +
- June 10, 2016 - Saint Rock - Hermosa Beach, CA +
- June 11, 2016 - Ace of Spades - Sacramento, CA +
- June 12, 2016 - 1015 Folsom - San Francisco, CA +
- June 14, 2016 - Tellus360 - Lancaster, PA
- June 15, 2016 - World Cafe Live - Philadelphia, PA ^
- June 16, 2016 - Brighton Music Hall - Boston, MA ^
- June 17, 2016 - Tropicalia - Washington, DC (Headline Show)
- June 18, 2016 - Baltimore Soundstage - Baltimore, MD ^
- June 19, 2016 - Brooklyn Bowl - Brooklyn, NY ^
- June 22, 2016 - Lincoln Hall - Chicago, IL ^
* with The Expanders + supporting Morgan Heritage ^ with RDGLDGRN
The Skints "This Town" official music video
Upcoming shows for "the skints"
Your browser is blocking the Bandsintown widget :(